Thursday, May 20, 2010

write a song.

you,
you are prime for a song
to be written about
you.
full of the promise
of rhymes
rhythm.
a three step
with a swing.
the kind
that makes me want to
wear a full skirt,
that sweeps at my feet,
and spin round the kitchen
yes,
that kind.
that first verse
would come on sweet
like magnolia
lemony and fresh.
easy baby....
let it ride.
then drilled right to your heart
that burst.
that blood.
that chorus line,
that paints you
like a sunrise,
bright,
brilliant,
luminescent.
ahhhhh.
twist on your heels
ride the refrain
all the way
down
down
down.
i know you
burning my heart.
and you are prime
for a song.
a song to be written
about
you.


5 comments:

Flat Foot Flewzy said...

Love this post.....creative and makes me want to Dance♥

rebecca said...

thanks, that was the feel i was shootin for.

Deanna said...

New to your blog, but loving it. This was a super post that made me feel JOY!

Deanna said...

New to your blog, but loving it. This was a super post that made me feel JOY!

rebecca said...

welcome deanna, im so glad you liked it!!!!