Monday, May 03, 2010

booootay'licious.

oh yes, that is right, i joined the gym today....but not just any ole gym, the women's only fitness world. the amazing giraffe and i joined together tonight, and i cant be more excited about working out with her on a regular basis! so first thing tonight was zumba, if you know me in real life you know i love zumba!!!! i was worried that it wouldn't be what i was used to, my zumba instructor from the other gym is the absolute best ever!!!!! she holds the bar high!!! now let me set the stage for you for this evenings zumba session. picture an open floor, mirrors stretching from left to right, ceiling to floor..... mirror encrusted pillars in the center of the dance floor.....a beautiful muscled, yet curvy woman cusses at the cd player and goes back and forth between hard core hip hop songs, and latin dance rhythms....i am situated in the back right corner.....you would notice me immediately....why you ask? well because i am as white as vanilla ice. oh yes, the women here are dark and lovely and have come to shake things that i was not born with on my body. the music starts pumping, booties are shakin.....the teacher instructs us to "loosen up" i am afraid if her hips loosen any more they will dislocate, and as i undulate my hips back and forth i sort of remind my self of a large piece of cardboard being bent the wrong way over and over again....i spend the first few minutes just laughing at myself, and noticing that the older lady in front of me has joined me in my laugh.....i LOVED it! there were songs about alcoholics, songs about shaking your money maker, even a prince song.....oh yes, i danced hard to that one.....a few latin based songs that we salsa'd, and cha cha'd to. the teacher threw on a coin belt and shimmied her way to glistening sweat.....oh yes, i will be wearing mine on thursday, you can count on it.....!
anyways, work out, gym, zumba, sweat, the bestest work out buddy a gal could ask for, and a cheap membership......what a good night.
now to get ready for the hurt that awaits me tomorrow morning......ah, it is so worth it!


4 comments:

MadHatter said...

You are just a mosaic of wonderfulness. I never would have pegged you as a zumba girl, I must get to know you better in real life. I laughed out loud lots reading this post.

rebecca said...

girl, not only am i a zumba girl, but i have no pride when it comes down to it! hahaha....you have got to come with us one night, you will never regret it!

MadHatter said...

you have no clue what a nitwit I am in real life......I put the I and all the other letters in INSECURITY, but I'm working on it. Hey, I'll call you but we are meeting on 5/16 at my house at 3

rebecca said...

that sounds great, ill be there!